The US$49.00 BookArc takes advantage of the ability of Apple's MacBooks (Air and Pro included) to work as a desktop machine when the screen is closed and the computer is connected to an external mouse, keyboard, and monitor. You could just lay your MacBook on the desktop, but then it takes up valuable real estate. How about if you could just position your laptop vertically so it takes up a minimum amount of your desktop? That's what the BookArc is all about.
Like the other products from Twelve South, the BookArc is attractively packaged, so it makes a wonderful gift for your favorite MacBook owner ... or yourself. After opening the box, you see the aluminum BookArc with one silicone insert installed, and deeper inside the box are two more inserts. These inserts grip and cushion your MacBook, so you'll want to make sure you have the correct one installed. Not to worry -- they're easy to install and remove. There's not too much more to say in terms of a review, other than the BookArc looks great and it does its job well.
If you're not familiar with how to use your MacBook with the display closed, TwelveSouth thoughtfully provides a link to an Apple Knowledge Base page that has instructions.
Now, it's time for a TUAW reader to win a BookArc. Here are the details:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment telling us what kind of MacBook you're going to use with the BookArc.
- The comment must be left before Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing.
- Prize: One Twelve South BookArc desktop stand for MacBook ($49 value)
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.