It's the weekend again -- which can only mean it's time for an escape from the tedious grind of the working week -- to replace it with the tedious grind of our favorite video games! For us, you might assume our favorite game is World of Warcraft
, but the team is all over the map on gaming preferences. Some of us are still lost in Mass Effect 2
others have moved on to BioShock 2
, some of us are in the StarCraft II
beta, and some of us are -- gasp! -- flirting with other MMOs while waiting for the next big thing in WoW
. As a show of our gaming diversity, as well as checking in on what the WoW.com team is playing this weekend, I've asked what features from other games they'd like to see in WoW
. For their answers -- and to add your own -- read on!
- Adam Holisky (@adamholisky): Besides farming Frost Badges on all my 80s, I'll be spending the weekend away from WoW. I've become somewhat addicted to MW2, and I'd like to hit my first prestige this weekend if possible.
- Alex Ziebart (@alexziebart): Mass Effect 2 still has me in its dark grip. I'm about to finish a playthrough as an Infiltrator, and I have no doubt I'll immediately start another playthrough so I can check out Soldier or Adept. Vanguard is still the best, though. In WoW, my raid is going to be working its way through Sindragosa, so we'll see how that goes. A feature I would like WoW to adopt is guild housing. Not player housing, but specifically guild housing. Something your group can customize to your liking, but doesn't entirely seal you off from the rest of the world. You're still in there with other people.
- Anne Stickney (@Shadesogrey): I'm going to be messing around on the PTR, and raiding ICC yet again this weekend. Sindragosa is largely annoying and annoyingly large. Monks would be awesome, as would bards.
- Amy Schley: This weekend will be the last 80 quests for Loremaster of Kalimdor on my dwarf hunter; I've been putting off visiting Silithus long enough. If I finish that, on to Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms on my Belf pally. Time for some lore (and leveling) Horde side. As for features -- how about some version of Wakka's Blitzball or Link's Boomerang for a nonconsumable ammo/weapon combo? Update: Okay, the gods of Interlibrary loan have intervened -- so instead of working on Loremaster, I'll be reading page turners like Standard Contract Terms in Europe and Fundamental Rights, Contract Law and the Protection of the Weaker Party in preparation for Monday's column.
- Basil Berntsen (@outdps): I am playing chauffeur -- taking the family on a 6 hour road trip to visit relatives for the weekend. If I could import a feature into WoW, it would be the monk class. Some sort of melee range, weapon eschewing, wisdom spouting, glowing tattoo-ey, telekinetic butt kicker. It's not a new idea, but I've always liked it.
- Chase Christian (@madsushi): Going to play a ton of StarCraft II -- I'm ranked 8th in my bracket so I'm hoping to move up a few pegs. I'd like to see some hireling NPCs, ala Diablo II or Torchlight, so that my paladin isn't stuck going prot just to do dailies.
- Daniel Whitcomb (@danielwhitcomb): I think I may make a genuine attempt at knocking out another chunk of Loremaster on my death knight. As far what feature I want, I still want fashion plates. I don't care about progression or "PvP profiles" or whatever, if I want to dress my death knight like a pirate 24/7 or put my blood elf paladin in tier 2 at all times, so be it. Lift it directly from EQ2 or LotRO if you need to, they both have pretty awesome implementations of it.
- Elizabeth Harper (@faience): Wondering how many Mass Effect 2 playthroughs it will take me to get bored.
- Gregg Reece: recovering from a bad cold. not sure if I'm going to end up raiding or not.
- Joe Perez (@Lodurzj): Shoveling myself out from underneath the mountain of snow that has begun to fall while finishing BioShock 2. Getting some time in ICC10 hopefully and leveling another alt. Talking to my coder about our game and getting some time in on our game engine, and if I have time the tales of Lodur will start back up again. Feature I'd love to see implemented, a consequence system like they are building for Star Wars the Old Republic. Just like a jedi can fall from the light and a sith can be redeemed, I'd love to see players be able to defect from their faction.
- Kelly Aarons (@Cadistra): Lots of drawing to do, accompanied by mundane, mortal errands. Y'know, the usual. I'm really gunning to get my Elder title this weekend... only have to finish up about 40% of the Eastern Kingdoms, and [Elders of the Dungeons.] A guilty thing I'd like to see in game would be a random battle system. Y'know -- you get into a fight, the screen blurs out, and then you and your party are all standing there in cool poses while you fight something equally as, if not more cool.
- Lisa Poisso (@emused): Dusting off an old priest, continuing a month-long stroll down memory lane EverQuest, plus scrambling about in EverQuest 2 and Fallen Earth. But mostly EQ2, because what the world needs is more bards. Bards, bards, bards. And dirges. Bards and dirges.
- Matt Low (@matticus): Command and Conquer 4! Oh, wait, that's not out yet, is it? Well, I suppose I'll be hitting up some alt raids and try to shore up my paladin and shaman. Maybe I'll finish Torchlight too. I wish dwarves would have a racial (Find Treasure, maybe) that enabled them to get a bit of extra gold whenever they looted something. But if I remember right, I think Goblins are getting that in Cataclysm. The hunter in Borderlands had that skill.
- Mathew McCurley (@gomatgo): After my guild exploded, we reconfigured the 10 man and we're back. New 10 man rolls Friday, and then more Mass Effect 2 on Insanity. I will get this achievement if it kills me.
- Matthew Rossi (@matthewwrossi): I'm playing "Tank Sindragosa while my wife's parrot lands on my shoulder and voids its bowels down my back." It's as much fun as it sounds. I wish they'd implement barbarians.
- Michael Sacco (@mikesacco): Digging myself out of this horrible blizzard.
- Rich Maloy (@stoneybaby): The gf is off to Asia for business for 2 weeks. :( So I'll get in some serious dev time on my (as of yet unreleased) new project. We finally got a big snow in the city so I'll be enjoying that as well.
- Robin Torres (@cosmiclaurel): I'm hoping The Spousal Unit will take care of The Spawn so that I can sleep this evil plague off. Lunar Festival, Plants vs. Zombies, and Warstorm will be played according to just how sentient I still am when awake. I want an old school EQ Bard in WoW, but without all of the bugs.
- Tyler Caraway (@Murmurs): I will be making an attempt to gear up my death knight for frost since it will finally be viable once again. Aside from that, there's still a hunter and warlock to finish leveling.
- Zach Yonzon (@Battlemasters): Not much time to play World of Warcraft this weekend, unfortunately, but actually taking a few minutes at a time to play Warstorm, an online card game on *gasp* Facebook. The one feature I'd like to see in WoW would be freaking angel wings as an epic flight option for paladins. Because I want to play Aion. But on my paladin. In Azeroth. During Cataclysm.
And so now, dear readers, it's your turn -- what are you up to in game (any game) this weekend
? And, if you'd care to enlighten us, what feature from another game do you wish WoW
would pick up on?