Out of all the delectable tidbits we've cooked up for our Well Fed Buff (now a part of the fun here in World of WarCrafts), can you believe we've never tossed together a batch of Barbecued Buzzard Wings?!? Appalling! After all, the opportunities for gathering Buzzard Wings are endless: Tanaris, Blasted Lands, Deadwind Pass, Western Plaguelands, Desolace, Badlands, Arathi Highlands ... Heck, you could even count Sharptalon in Ashenvale as a source of these mouth-watering inhalants. (Yeah, I called them inhalants. Isn't that what you do with barbecued wings?)
With so many wings to choose from, we've kept things easy with recipes for three different skill levels (including those of you who were too hungry for Icecrown action to bother slowing down to train cooking -- we've got your back!).
Barbecued Buzzard Wings
Requires Level 25
Item Level 35
Use: Restores 874 health over 27 sec. Must remain seated while eating. If you spend at least 10 seconds eating you will become well fed and gain 8 Stamina and Spirit for 15 min.
Sell Price: 3s
The recipe for Barbecued Buzzard Wing may be obtained through a quest from Rigglefuzz in Badlands (bring him four Buzzard Wings, and he'll give you the recipe), or skip the middleman (those greedy goblins!) and buy it from Narj Deepslice, the butcher at Refuge Point in Arathi Highlands, or the roving Super-Seller 680 in Desolace. The recipe can be made at skill level 175, goes yellow at 215, greens out at 235 and finally goes grey at 255.
Barbecued Buzzard Wings for the non-cook (skill <175)
- 1 bag frozen chicken wings
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce of your choice
- Even a n00b can handle this: put the wings in a crock pot, unload every last DPS of the barbecue sauce on top, and log out for 6 hours (leaving the crock pot on High). Finger-lickin' XP.
- Alternate strategy: For raids without any DPS specced into Crockpot, use the Oven DPS strat. DPS at 375 degrees on a baking sheet for 45-60 minutes.
Barbecued Buzzard Wings for the leveling cook (skill 175-254)
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Set up your raid. Invite wings to group for rinsing; pat dry. /kick the wing tips from the raid with a sharp knife or clean kitchen shears, then cut each wing in two at the joint. Buff with a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Zone into The Broiler. Every wing should mount the group broiler pan. The raid leader should position the pan 4 to 5 inches from the heat boss. Maintain DPS for 20 minutes, rotating the raid (odd groups cut left, even groups cut right -- that's 1, 3, 5 left, 2, 4, 6 right; 7 and 8 are whelp groups) halfway through the encounter.
- Port to The Crockpot. (Wings will be automatically dismounted upon zoning in.)
- Pop your consumables. Combine all the sauce mats into a bowl and combine. Douse the entire raid party. Cover the raid and maintain DPS for 5 hours on low, or for heroic version, 2 to 2-1/2 hours on high.
- Off-spec strat: For raids without any DPS specced into Crockpot, use the Oven DPS strategy. Select the baking dish mount and set the encounter location for The Oven. DPS at 400 degrees until raid members' mana (sauce) thickens, then another 30 minutes at 300 degrees. Replenishment (basting) is mandatory at frequent intervals for the duration of the encounter, or the wings will go OOM and the raid will wipe.
Barbecued Buzzard Wings for the Chef (skill 255+)
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey or molasses
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon wine vinegar
- Sesame seeds to garnish
This more advanced raid party makeup works effectively with any of the more basic encounter strategies, above.
The Barbecued Buzzard Wings encounter works nicely when scheduled concurrently with these raids:
- Rock-Salted Pretzels
- Oronok Tubers
- Deep Fried Plantains
- Essence Mango
- Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Maiev's Grudge
World of WarCrafts spotlights art and creativity by WoW players, including fan art, cooking, comics, cosplay, music and fan fiction. Show us how you express yourself by e-mailing lisa (at) wow (dot) com with your not-for-profit WoW-inspired creations.