Another weekend, another WRUP! There are no trends in this week's WRUP (for the uninitiated, WRUP
stands for w
e you p
laying and is our chance to geek out over our weekend game plans). As usual, the Massively team is all over the map with their favorite games -- and with so many great MMOs (and non-MMOs, of course, for when we need a change of pace), who can blame them? So without further ado, let's see what the Massively team is playing this weekend. And if you don't care what we're doing? Well, head into the comments to talk about what you're doing.
- Beau Hindman (@spouseaggro): FusionFall, Spellborn, Free Realms, Mabinogi, Vanguard and probably some Runes of Magic. And oh yeh Wizard101, Dragonica and Allods. And some Myst Online. And oh yeh some DDO (if I can get my arms to go down -- glitch). But that's it.
- Brendan Drain (@nyphur): With our capital ships completed, our corp in EVE Online are planning to farm some class 5 wormhole anomalies, including the extra spawns caused by capital ships. It could all go terribly wrong as we've never done this before but it should be interesting figuring out how it all works!
- Dan O'Halloran: Almost done with Mirkwood Epic quest line in LotRO. Looking forward to putting the smackdown on Mazog. Also painstakingly leveling a Scholar alt. Thankfully someone in-game tipped me off to the Scholar Enclave in Duillond that allows you to buy Scholar mats every 4-40 hours. I have every alt on my account farming those now. Also playing the Gauntlet-clone Catacombs app on my iPhone.
- Eliot Lefebvre: This weekend will be devoted to more Romulan blasting in STO, paying some attention to my sadly-neglected FFXI jobs, and hopefully some quality time with the Dragon Age expansion. And probably getting ready for PAX next week.
- Jef Reahard: Old reliables Aion and EVE for me, and I re-subbed to Age of Conan and blew the dust off my level 70 assassin. Hopefully I can get him to 80 before the Godslayer expansion comes out. I've also cast a few longing glances at Fallen Earth, but AoC will likely delay that itch for a few weeks.
- Justin Olivetti (@sypster): If we don't end up having our baby this weekend (the hospital has horrible WiFi), then I'm going to push to get my Hobbit burglar out of the starter zones and into the revamped Lone-lands in LotRO!
- Shawn Schuster (@SSchuster): After the stuff I saw at GDC last week, I couldn't wait to get back home and jump into Age of Conan. So between that, my usual Fallen Earth and Free Realms and the new Aika open beta, I'm keeping quite busy!
- Seraphina Brennan (@sera_brennan): This weekend is Dungeons & Dragons Games Day! I'll totally be there for that (as well as wrapping my hands around Players Handbook 3) but I'll also be cracking down on Final Fantasy XIII and the Blur online beta. Penny Arcade is right, Blur is just filling bars... but holy crap is filling those bars absolutely fun. I have a soft spot for arcade racers with weaponry.
- Kyle Horner (@kylehorner): A little Star Trek Online for me, but also probably Dragon Age: Awakenings, Resonance of Fate and Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising as well. Hmm, perhaps that's too many games for one weekend.
- Krystalle Voecks (@Krystalle): I've jumped back in to Runes of Magic, and am checking out the birthday celebrations there. Beyond that, I'm planning on getting in some time in Age of Conan, and likely some EverQuest II as well -- that is, when I'm not at the theater as Assistant Stage Manager on Boom!
And now it's your turn -- what are you playing this weekend?