Our tipster iSecretApples tracked down the Best Buy sales playbook for the iPad, and we've got the screenshots below. (The playbook is so fresh, iSA reports, that Best Buy district managers and store managers don't have it yet.)
Other worthwhile tidbits gleaned from the playbook:
- The fourth SKU rumored for the Best Buy lineup is indeed the demonstration/not for resale unit.
- Best Buy's April 11 ad insert will feature the iPad on the front cover, even though not all Best Buy locations will stock the iPad.
- Stores are expected to receive another 15 iPads for sale on 4/11, but if supplies are constrained they may have to hold some of the initial inventory back. This implies that Apple will be able to tell Best Buy prior to 4/3 whether or not the second round of deliveries will be coming.
- iPads will not be sold via Best Buy's website, consistent with the original rumor.
- iPad accessories will also be stocked at Best Buy
Update: Our amigo Josh T. at Engadget also has some spy shots of the playbook, including a wider view listing the available accessories.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 12
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 in
- Weight 0.96 lb
- Announced 2014-10-16