As we've been expecting, we now have the first glimpse of what the hunter class will be like in Cataclysm. These changes are straight from Blizzard, and they provide great insight into where the designers want to take things. Please remember that these changes are for the beta and will very likely be modified as the expansion nears release.
Some of the major highlights:
- Cobra Shot (level 81): A new shot that deals Nature damage instead of Physical damage. This ability will share a cooldown with Steady Shot. This will give hunters an alternative to Steady Shot on heavily-armored targets, and we will have talent incentives in the Beast Mastery tree to make this a signature shot.
- Trap Launcher (level 83): When used, the next trap can be shot to a location within 40 yards. This provides the current Freezing Arrow treatment to all traps and, as a result, we will be removing the current ability Freezing Arrow.
- Camouflage (level 85): The hunter enters an obscured state that prevents him or her from taking ranged damage.
- Hunters will no longer use mana; instead the class will use Focus. A solid look at focus is after the break.
- Ammo removed.
- Pet storage changed, 3 pets you can carry around and use (only one out) -- many more able to be stored.