Happy weekend, everyone, from team Massively to you. Though it didn't happen on the weekend -- and is therefore beyond the providence of WRUP -- if you caught this week's Nights of Eberron group, you might have played with us instead of just reading up on what we're playing. But there's another chance to meet up with the Massively crew in DDO this coming Wednesday -- and since it's free to play, you've nothing to lose but time (and possibly sanity). But while we all wait for Wednesday, let's dive in to WRUP and find out what the team is playing this weekend.
Don't care what we're playing? That's okay too -- but why not come on in and leave a comment to let us know what you're up to this weekend?
- Beau Hindman (@spouseaggro): I'm on a housing decorating spree! My houses in Free Realms, EQ2, Vanguard, SWG and Runes of Magic are slowly becoming posh places to hang out. Yes, I am a 35 year old man and not a 12 year old girl.
- Brendan Drain (@nyphur): This weekend is frantic LAN time! We've got about twenty people coming over for some good old fashioned network gaming. It's sure to devolve into utter chaos, just the way I like it. In EVE, we're perfecting the art of running class 5 wormhole sites using capital ships and support battleships. After a hilarious mishap where we accidentally warped three capitals into the site at the same time and spawned an additional 20 advanced Sleeper battleships, we quickly learned just how effective triage carriers can be as we successfully tanked the spawn.
- Dan O'Halloran: My weekly LotRO forays are leading me into 3-man Sword Halls, Vol II Epilogue quest clean up and more crafting on alts. I'm laying off the iPhone games this week so I can get through the new Dresden novel, Changes. In WoW, I'll be running random heroics to gear up my druid in cat gear.
- Edward Marshall: Fallen Earth and Mount and Blade: Warband (thanks Shawn, I'm addicted to this game now).
- Eliot Lefebvre: It's time to kick back to a steady diet of FFXIII, FFXI, and CoH. I've also got a roleplaying event to attend in STO and a retro raid in WoW, so it promises to be good times all around.
- Jef Reahard: Aion double XP, Age of Conan (finally leaving Tortage on both my new characters, woo), and crafting in Fallen Earth.
- Justin Olivetti: As I'm in the hospital with my new baby girl until Saturday, I'm going to explore the new iPhone MMO, Pocket Legends!
- Krystalle Voecks (@Krystalle): Planning on getting in some time playing [MMO beta under NDA], and some Age of Conan which will probably be most of my weekend gaming time. Beyond that, the beach 10 minutes away from my office, and it's going to be a gorgeous weekend. As such, I'll be working on leveling up my beach bum faction and farming pina colada drops for at least a few hours. :)
- Patrick Mackey: Last weekend I got to miss Sakura-Con while everyone in my pen and paper group attended. This week, we actually get to play again, so that is exciting. My players are a pretty wacky group.
- Ryan Greene (@thatgaynerd): Actually, Massively's Nights of Eberron sounded like so much fun, I think I'll dust off Dungeons and Dragons Online so I can join in on Wednesday! Other than that, I have to get used to my new cruiser in Star Trek Online. And I feel like re-reading DC's Blackest Night storyline cover to cover, ideally at the beach.