Interplay CEO Hervé Caen calls the disorienting game's reorientation on Wii an "exciting move," noting that "Descent remains the most popular 1080º 3D blasting game." The task of translating all that super-hot 3D to WiiWare will fall to independent studio G1M2, which previously worked on portollections like Data East Arcade Classics for Wii and Metal Slug PC Collection.
Also, now that we're revisiting Descent, aren't we halfway to a Descent: Freespace revival? Everyone, say "yes."
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19