past January, but it's not like you've had too much trouble burning through your credit limit these past few months anyway, right? VeriFone -- that company responsible for the other iPhone credit card accessory -- has just announced that its slip-up case is now available in Apple retail stores. For those unaware, this card reader works on all iPhone 3G and 3GS handsets, and there's a built-in stylus for capturing signatures from those arguably shady street-corner transactions that you'll be engaging in. Best of all, the device and app are totally free assuming you agree to a 2-year service contract and a $49 "activation fee," but we'd caution you to read through the fine print under "merchant fees" before tossing away too much of that profit margin.
See more video at our hub!
VeriFone: PAYware Mobile
First complete credit card payment solution for the iPhone, providing on-the-go businesses with simple and secure transactions
* Sleek and durable card reader snaps onto iPhone 3G/3GS
* Card-swiping speeds transactions, eliminates errors, can save 30% in card fees
* Built-in stylus makes signature capture easy; receipts can be instantly emailed
* End-to-end encryption protects customer data and greatly reduces fraud and merchant liability
* iPhone app and gateway provides real-time reporting, payment consolidation and fast access to transaction history
* Builds on VeriFone's 30 years of payment security expertise
Available at: www.paywaremobile.com, PAYware Mobile app available for download at iTunes
Price: Free with 2-year gateway service agreement; $49 activation fee; additional merchant fees apply