"We are excited to be expanding our relationship with Mad Catz to continue to bring their video game peripheral design and manufacturing expertise to the Rock Band platform," Alex Rigopulos, CEO of Harmonix, said in the announcement. "We look forward to partnering with Mad Catz to continue to innovate and lead the music game genre through the Rock Band franchise."
He has reason to be excited -- Viacom, owner of MTV Games and Harmonix, has already expressed its interest in getting away from the business of peripheral production, and now it's found a partner that has experience, and, recently, some clout in the creation of game controllers.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19
Microsoft Xbox 360
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)
Microsoft Xbox One