Levels can also be bundled to make a whole game, and those games don't have to be platformers. The trailer above gives us brief looks at racing games (one of which appears to involve players riding mice) and a Space Invaders-style shooter. You can even open use a "Direct Control Seat" to alter controls, allowing you to control objects that are not Sackboy, "and make a game that doesn't even remotely resemble" Media Molecule's foundation.
This sequel will even, in a way, act as yet another upgrade to the original: all of the two-million-plus LittleBigPlanet 1 levels will still work.
LittleBigPlanet 2 will be out on PlayStation 3 in Winter 2010.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25