AT&T and LG Mobile Announce Latest AT&T Mobile TV Device
AT&T and LG Introduce the LG Vu Plus, One of 18 7.2 HSPA Capable Devices
Dallas, Texas, May 24, 2010
AT&T* and LG Electronics Mobilecomm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones) today announced the LG Vu Plus TM, the latest AT&T Mobile TV-capable device, will be available online at www.wireless.att.com and in AT&T stores nationwide June 6. Available exclusively for AT&T customers, the handset will be compatible with AT&T's High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) 7.2 Mbps technology, which provides, when combined with expanded backhaul, a considerable speed boost to the nation's fastest 3G network. AT&T is deploying these backhaul connections across the nation, a process that will continue through 2011.
With a large touch screen plus a 4-line QWERTY keyboard, enhanced user interface, and AT&T Social Net, the LG Vu Plus gives customers easy access to a world of entertainment and multimedia with just a tap of a finger.
Customers can enjoy watching full-length broadcast shows with AT&T Mobile TV. AT&T Mobile TV subscribers enjoy around-the-clock access to full-length live and time-shifted programming from FLO TV, including content from top entertainment brands. AT&T Mobile TV is available for $9.99 per month, and new subscribers receive the first seven days of their subscription for free. For more information, visit
"AT&T customers can stay connected to their social circle while on the go with this device," said Michael Woodward, vice president, Mobile Phone Portfolio, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. "LG Vu Plus creates easy access to everything, from social networking to TV shows, while backed by the nation's fastest 3G network."
In addition, the LG Vu Plus boasts:
* AT&T Mobile Browser – combines full HTML browsing with unique customization features so customers can easily surf the global Internet; view location-aware local news and weather; and read the latest headlines from popular news, sports and entertainment sites.
* AT&T Navigator –offers turn-by-turn voice and onscreen driving directions, automatic rerouting, real-time traffic monitoring and more. AT&T Navigator is available for $9.99 per month, and new subscribers receive their first 30 days of their subscription for free.
* AT&T Social Net – provides easy access to all your social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and MySpace in one easy-to-use interface.
"With a full QWERTY keyboard and front touchscreen, LG Vu Plus is the ultimate blend of functionality and modern design," said Ehtisham Rabbani, vice president of Marketing and Innovation at LG Mobile Phones. "LG Vu Plus allows users to explore the freedom of mobile entertainment while making a strong style statement with its sleek exterior, compact size and user-friendly interface."
The LG Vu Plus will be available at AT&T retail stores nationwide and online at www.wireless.att.com on June 6 for $149.99 (Pay $199.99 and after mail-in rebate receive $50 AT&T Promotion Card. Two year service agreement required.)
For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit www.att.com.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 0
- Type Audio / video player
- Media type Internal storage (4 GB, Flash)
- Audio playback time up to 15 hours
- Video playback time up to 5 hours
- Screen size 3.5 inches
- Dimensions 3.03 x 4.45 x 0.55 in
- Weight 5.4 oz
- Discontinued 2010-10-05