Some takeaways about the device:
- As we said, it's shockingly thin.
- The screen is truly outrageous -- you basically cannot see pixels on it. We're not being hyperbolic when we say it's easily the best looking mobile phone screen we've ever laid eyes on.
- The build quality is really solid. The home button feels much snappier, and on the whole it just feels like a tightly-packed device, but it's not heavy.
- The side buttons are really nice and clicky.
- iOS 4 is very familiar -- there's not a lot added to fit and finish.
- The general speed of the whole OS is way snappier. The camera app in particular is noticeably faster -- shots get snapped in an instant.
Gallery | 42 Photos
iPhone 4 first hands-on
Gallery | 20 Photos
iPhone 4 hands-on (black)