What's up, June 9th? It's your buddies from Joystiq, coming to you direct from the future: June 10th. It's incredible here, what with all the Floatshoes and the Hoverplanes (long story) but the best innovation? Stereoscopic 3D gaming on the PS3 kicked off today, with WipEout HD, PAIN, Super Stardust HD and the MotorStorm: Pacific Rift demo all going three-dimensional.
Sadly, the effect's only available with a dauntingly expensive 3D TV set, so the unwashed, dimensionally-starved masses have turned on their rich counterparts, starting a bloody class war. As if that weren't bad enough, all those new Bravia owners get the aforementioned games for free, so ... yeah, it's not pretty.
Oh well, at least we've got the 3D-enhanced Move game The Fight: Lights Out and 3D Blu-ray playback to look forward to later this year!
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25