Every week, just at the start of the weekend, we catch up with the WoW.com staff and ask them, "What are you playing this week?" (Otherwise known as: WRUP!) Join us to see what we're up to in and out of game -- and catch us in the comments to let us know what you're playing, too!
The weekend has arrived! With the pre-Cataclysm doldrums in full swing, we seem to have a lot of people out of WoW this week. Though I suspect recent releases like Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption would lure us away regardless of what WoW had to offer. (Though ideally we'd have one game that combined all three.) But throughout Azeroth, there are still dungeons to be raided, achievements to be gotten, alts to be leveled. Join us after the jump to see what the WoW.com team is playing this weekend -- and let us know what you're playing this weekend
- Adam Holisky (@adamholisky): This weekend I'll be braving the out-of-doors once again to partake in Rib Fest. If for no other reason then I'm sure there'll be some cheese curds there, and I really want some cheese curds.
- Alex Ziebart (@alexziebart): I picked up Borderlands the other day just for the heck of it, so I've been playing that. I'm not much of an online multiplayer guy with FPS games (the Left 4 Dead series being the exception) so I've stuck to single player. It's pretty fun. A decent time sink, I'd say.
- Anne Stickney (@Shadesogrey): I'll be raiding ICC this weekend. More importantly, I'll be raiding the DMV. I heard the "take a ticket" boss is absolute murder.
- Basil Berntsen (@outdps): Writing, raiding, and cutting the lawn. Also, frantically clicking the "accept application" button for my enormously popular and successful new guild! Apply now :)
- Daniel Whitcomb (@danielwhitcomb): I'm finishing up the last few Outland zones to get my Loremaster achievements there on my death knight. Also, my blood elf paladin deserves at least one more piece of tier 9 if I can fit it in.
- Dawn Moore (@dawnwow): I finally got a new memory card for my PS2 so I can finish Shadow of the Colossus. Won't have much time to play though I'm afraid. Instead I'll be recording more podcast goodness, and putting together a site for said podcast. Hopefully finishing some half finished or outlined articles. AlsoneedtotellmyguildI'mleavingthemforanotherguild. Did you hear something funny just now?
- Elizabeth Harper (@faience): Back to the Future. And then a plane to sunny Los Angeles for E3 bright and early Monday.
- Elizabeth Wachowski (@leeatwaterlives): Borderlands and Alan Wake for me, Red Dead Redemption for the boyfriend.
- Gregg Reece: Sadly, I've got family stuff this weekend, but I got up to 79 on my resto druid during this past week. Hopefully, I'll have him up to 80 sometime soon. Otherwise, I'm trying to get time to bump my paladin/shaman recruit-a-friend team up to 60.
- Joe Perez (@Lodurzj): Playing a ton of Earthworm Jim HD! Also, bowling and karaoke, at the same time! Epic win! Still celebrating our LK 25 kill and gearing up for hard modes next week.
- Kelly Aarons (@Cadistra): It's supposed to be nice (!), so bike rides on the seawall, get-togethers with local comic artists, and of course, drawing comics myself. I'm on another Zeno Clash fix, so I'll see if I can get that to work. Also, still chugging with Argent Dailies, as I've missed them all week due to OT at my job.
- Mathew McCurley (@gomatgo): I really need to get back to Xbox 360 gaming and spend some quality time with the system. Final Fantasy XIII and Red Dead are in the queue. Other than that, it's a quiet weekend, which I do not mind at all.
- Matthew Rossi (@matthewwrossi): I'm taking care of my wife who has the flu. I have no idea if I'll log in at all this weekend. Wife > game.
- Michael Gray (@writegray): I'm playing at a wedding. The debut of DJ Wowdotcom!
- Rich Maloy (@stoneybaby): We have friends in town from Thailand so the girlfriend has scheduled every waking moment with shopping and tourist activities. Please tweet to distract me, and often, especially on Saturday as I play the role of packmule at the outlet malls.
- Robin Torres (@cosmiclaurel): The park, a bookstore promotion party for kids and STO. I'm sticking with that game because 1) I like having Leonard Nimoy congratulate me when I ding and 2) The Spawn has taken to calling me Captain Laurel. It's the little things. Also, are any of you readers playing Echo Bazaar? Because I need more victims uh I mean friends to listen to my nightmares ...
The weekend is the perfect time to kick back, relax and enjoy some game time. Are you an achievement junkie? Can't get enough raiding? Rolling a new alt? Considering taking the leap into roleplaying? Whatever your favorite way to play World of Warcraft, let us know in the comments what you're playing this weekend!