Rock of Ages is essentially a head-to-head, real-time tower defense game in which two players alternate between defending their castles -- separated by a twisting pathway -- and controlling a big-huge boulder rolling towards their opponent's front door. If you're on a roll, your opponent will attempt to slow and divert your boulder by placing towers, fans and units in its path.
As you might expect from ACE Team, the game's art style fluctuates between whimsical and wildly absurd. Levels are derived from four classical art periods and styles, including gothic and renaissance. As Atlus PR manager Aram Jabbari points out, "It's kind of an interesting dichotomy. Blow stuff up with a huge rock and here's a lesson in sophisticated art history."
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One