As one week must end, so another will begin. But between the weeks we have two luxurious days of weekend in which we can enjoy all of our favorite things -- and as you might imagine, video games rank fairly highly amongst the Massively staff's list of favorite things. At any rate, it's far too hot to venture out of doors, so we may as well enjoy our favorite games in the meantime. So read on to find out what we're playing this weekend -- and, of course, to let us know what you're playing in the comments.
- Beau Hindman (@spouseaggro): I am diving straight into my new iPad, playing all sorts of fun little games and installing way too many apps. I will also be playing some more Mytheon for Rise and Shiny, as well as Istaria. I am excited to get back to our Vanguard static group on Monday!
- Brianna Royce: One more week of Champions Online for me, and then I decide whether to stick around or find something else to dabble in until Going Rogue is out. No matter what they say about you, Champs, you were worth the six bucks!
- Eliot Lefebvre: I'm hoping something secret comes through over the weekend, and if it does, there goes any free time. Otherwise, I plan on enjoying equal doses of Dragon Age and Guild Wars, with some potential FFXI to flavor.
- Greg Waller: I won't be missing a minute of this week's Weekend Warfront in WAR. They're bringing back Khaine's Embrace for four days and I love that scenario!
- Jeremy Stratton (@loseyerlife): It's my nephews' turn to visit and play his uncle's video games. He's totally immersed in Lego Indiana Jones for the Nintendo DS, so it's like playing the game vicariously through him. I'm also visiting a friend I haven't seen in a long time. I may not actually get much gaming in, but my RoM character is geared-up to start running a couple instances when I get back to it.
- Justin Olivetti (@sypster): Seeing as how BioWare has Dragon Age 2 on its awesome conveyor belt over at their RPG factory, I'm tempted to fire back up the first Dragon Age and actually beat it this time. Other activities include finishing Volume 1 in LotRO, frog hunting and squinting hard at future MMO releases in an effort to make them arrive sooner.
- Krystalle Voecks (@Krystalle): I'm going to be spending my time in Star Wars Galaxies this weekend for Choose my Adventure, following the great suggestions everyone's sent in. Beyond that, I really don't have much planned. I'm simply looking forward to getting in some major geek time after a crazy busy week!
- MJ Guthrie: I will be offline more than usual this weekend, as we are having a large Geek Fest for my son's 16th birthday. Food, teenagers, and a whole lot of revelry on the Xbox 360 and Wii. I am looking forward to the battle of the Rock Bands! Beyond that, I plan to dive into some AoC for some role-play, EQII to reacquaint myself with my Fury, spend some time wandering Kojan trying to find a new close-to-perfect spot for my Inn in Vanguard (as my spot was ninja'd -- curse server merges!), and continue our quest for full control of the Abyss in Aion. Having finally finished that last campaign quest in Aion, I am also starting on the level 50 campaign (go go speed boots). Oh, and possibly sleep. Just a little.
- Patrick Mackey (@mackeypb): I am very sad, because the beta for Cosmic Break has ended. I'm spending more time than usual in Champions, and my pen and paper game has sort of exploded. The players are on the verge of something huge, and the conspiracy that they've uncovered has threatened to erupt in a gigantic conflict. I'm also putting a few hours here and there into Bayonetta still. I am working on the ever-fun "unlock everything" part of the game.
- Ryan Greene (@thatgaynerd): Dragon Quest IX. Monster Hunter Tri. That is all.
- Shawn Schuster (@SSchuster): I just signed up for OnLive and am really blown away by it. Since it doesn't have any MMOs (yet?), I'm playing several single-players, such as Just Cause 2, Dirt 2, Assassin's Creed II and others that aren't necessarily sequels. I've also bitten the bullet and am crafting an electric motorcycle for my main in Fallen Earth (who was originally going to be the only one without a mechanical mount), because I'm just too spoiled by the faster vehicles of my alts.
- Tateru Nino (@taterunino): A mixed bag this-weekend. Indigo Prophecy, Project Eden, DND Online continues to charm, as does Free Realms. Somewhere, I'll jam those into the schedule of work, meetings and chores that dominate the weekends.
And now, dear readers, it is your turn. Just what are you playing this weekend?