byDarren Murph||July 22nd 2010 at 3:09pmJuly 22nd 2010 3:09 pm
Disgusted with Apple's refusal to bestow honest-to-goodness backgrounding to the iPad, even though the (presumably) weaker iPhone 4 has been doing it for weeks? You aren't alone. Syte Shirt, a new startup with a vision to change the world in a way you've never even dreamed of, has just announced its first product: the iPad-toting shirt that you're undoubtedly gawking at above. This pre-shrunk heavyweight cotton tee sports a slit on the inside for sliding your tablet into, and there's a window on the front that enables the wearer (or anyone else, for that matter) to fully interact with the tablet without you having to disrobe. Imagine that! Heck, there are even ports for accessing the dock connector and the 3.5mm headphone jack, which certainly helps to justify the otherwise unconscionable $49.95 to $54.95 price tag. Right? Right? %Gallery-98005%
Show full PR text
New Start-up, Syte Shirt, Launches Hands-Free Interactive iPad Clothing
Don't carry your iPad. Be seen with it.
San Diego, CA - July 22, 2010: If you are one out of the millions iPad users out there, it's likely that you have purchased an accessory to go with your iPad. However, it's also likely that your accessory does not let you carry your iPad hands-free, allowing you to do other tasks. A new start-up in San Diego named Syte Shirt is looking to change that. Syte Shirt manufacturers an interactive shirt that lets you safely carry the iPad hands-free on your chest while allowing you and others to fully interact with the iPad through a transparent window. Not only is it an accessory, the shirt is also a fashion statement for those that want to show off cool designs, photos, movies, or animations while trotting around town. It's the first shirt that has a constantly changing design!
The functional and comfortable Syte Shirt is made from 100% pre-shrunk heavyweight cotton and features slits on the inside of the window to give you the ability to plug in your headphones or charge the iPad conveniently without having to remove it. The inside and neckline of the shirt are designed with areas of support that distribute the weight of the iPad to prevent any distortion. The placement of the iPad on the shirt also allows for lots of mobility whether you are sitting down or walking.
Some example of Syte Shirt usages:
• Play movies or interactive games to entertain your kids while keeping your hands free
• Show off your photos with a group of friends
• Broadcast a football game while enjoying a tailgate party
• Promote your artwork, music, and other multimedia anywhere
• Advertise your business by playing promotional content while speaking to customers
• Tech-savvy educators can grab students' attention by creating interactive lessons
• Trade show vendors can run product demos while working in the booth
• Businesses can hire people to be mobile info booths to display interactive info and maps
"We think of the Syte Shirt as a platform for wearable computing. The possibilities of this product are only limited by the imagination of its users, and I really think we're going to be amazed by the ideas our customers come up with for this great product. We encourage our customers to be creative and send us photos of how they're using their Syte Shirt to firstname.lastname@example.org," says founder, Joseph A Young.
• Displays your iPad in landscape mode
• Capacitive-transmitting vinyl screen allows for full iPad functionality (water and dust-resistant)
• Hidden zipper for secure retention and convenient access
• 2 hidden port holes on the inside for headphones or charger
• Internal supports distribute weight of iPad across the body to prevent shirt distortion
• Full mobility whether you are sitting down or walking
• 100% pre-shrunk heavyweight cotton
• Machine washable
• Hang dry overnight
• Color: black
• Sizes: S – XXL
The Syte Shirt is available for $49.95 (S/M/L/XL) and $54.95 (XXL) at www.syteshirt.com. The Syte Shirt will be on display at the San Diego Comic-Con, July 21-25, on the show floor or out in the streets. The Syte Shirt's exclusive retailer at Comic-Con is Jay Company Comics (http://www.jaycompanycomics.com/). They can be found at booth #331. Stop by for a demo and see it in action.
About Syte Shirt
Syte Shirt crafts functional clothing for iPad lovers. Design and manufacturing are both done in San Diego, California. The Syte Shirt team consists of Joseph A Young, founder, JoAn Craig, designer, and various friends lending their time towards the project. Joseph received his M.B.A. from the Rady School of Management at UCSD. For more information about Syte Shirt, visit www.syteshirt.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube.