I have to admit it: I'm just not into all of the StarCraft 2 hype. It's a bit awkward since practically everyone I know -- and a lot of the WoW.com staff -- seems to be excited about SC2 above all else. So I'm attempting to turn things around, at least for the duration of this post, with this week's WRUP. In addition to asking what everyone's playing this weekend, I've asked for everyone's thoughts on the ongoing Cataclysm beta test. Well, it might have taken their minds off SC2 for a minute, at least ...
Everyone's answers -- and your chance to add your own -- after the break.
- Alex Ziebart (@alexziebart): Copy/paste what Matticus said and stick it here. It's exactly the same.
- Allison Robert (@AllisonRobert): Working on some articles related to druids and achievements in the beta and enjoying some five-man runs on the live realms. Favorite part of the beta? Snickering at people who log out on flying mounts without having rolled a druid. SUCK ON THAT, PEOPLE. But no, seriously, flying in old world Azeroth is amazing. And everything else is too. This expansion is going to rock.
- Anne Stickney (@Shadesogrey): Writing writing writing writing maybe galleries too and also some writing. I think we'll be working on 25m-HM Sindragosa this weekend, now that Putricide is down. (See? I told you he'd die!) Thoughts on beta, now in haiku format:
Hyjal was so cool
And then I went to Vashjir
My horse? Amazing.
- Amy Schley (@wowlawbringer): This weekend? So much stuff I'd like to/have to do, not even sure what'll actually happen. WoW-wise, getting back into the swing of things with my resto shammy. Four more levels till heroic time! There will hopefully be some bar-exam's-over celebrating with friends. There will likely be working on a patent application for work since student loans don't pay themselves off. :( Finally, my in-laws are in town, as my husband's grandmother passed away Wednesday evening and the funeral's Tuesday morning. Why did I think taking the bar exam would reduce my stress?
- Brian Wood (@frostheimwhu): I'm recording the two podcasts: hunting party and call to auction. I'm then leaving for a cottage for a week in my shiny new car!
- C. Christian Moore (@thearenaguy): I'm playing more chess this weekend, boo for no desktop. Plan on hitting up the beta in mid-August.
- Daniel Whitcomb (@danielwhitcomb): I'm torn between finishing the StarCraft 2 single player mission or getting another huge chunk of Kalimor Loremaster done, but honestly, I'll probably mostly be on the beta servers getting a feel for the new death knight rotations and death knight leveling. Beta thoughts: It's fun. I'm looking forward to the full game. I just wish the rune system wasn't so bugged out right now so I could do some real testing.
- Eli Khoury (@Jagoex): I'm recovering from the illness and plotting my revenge.
- Elizabeth Harper (@faience): Working on some beta galleries. Love, love, love the new Stratholme!
- Elizabeth Wachowski (@leeatwaterlives): Still waiting for my beta access to go through, so I'll be playing Dragon Quest IX and trying to figure out how this whole "StarCraft 2" thing works.
- Gregg Reece: I'm going to be running dungeons on the beta as prot to get a better feel of what they're doing with holy power right now. A patch just came down which looks like they smoothed a couple of the rough edges, but we'll have to see. Also, I've got StarCraft 2 installed, but haven't had time to play it yet... this is a crime that must be stopped. Beta impressions thus far: Don't log out while flying, because you'll log back in and plummet to your demise.
- Kelly Aarons (@Cadistra): It's a long weekend here in the wacky land of British Columbia, so I'mma spend the whole thing doing galleries, art/comic stuff, seeing friends, visiting parents, and going to a parade and a festival! *_* Beta? OM NOM NOM MOAR GIMME MOAR.
- Lisa Poisso (@emused): Why, oh why, does my reading pile have to be as compelling as three betas, my CMA girlie and a nice, cool swimming pool? Beta thoughts: fun but so, so fast -- slow down, I want to enjoy!
- Matt Low (@matticus): StarCraft 2, StarCraft 2, StarCraft 2, StarCraft 2, StarCraft 2, StarCraft 2.
- Mathew McCurley (@gomatgo): This weekend begins with a big get-together, followed by some WoW alt stuff, yadda yadda. I hope I'll get to get some beta in this weekend. I really want to check out Deepholm. My favorite part of beta so far is anything goblins. They are seriously amazing.
- Matthew Rossi (@matthewwrossi): We're down to heroic Halion and LK. Working on that.
- Rich Maloy (@stoneybaby): The usual for me: qt with girlfriend, edits for the show, and working on heroic Halion this weekend in raid. 25 people alive at the start of phase 3: GO! As for the beta, hopefully I'll have time to play this weekend.
- Robin Torres (@cosmiclaurel): This weekend is The Move! So I will be too busy or won't have internet and/or computer for most of the weekend. iPhone games and knitting FTW! My thoughts on the beta: I love goblins more than I thought I would.
The weekend is the perfect time to kick back, relax and enjoy some game time. Are you an achievement junkie? Can't get enough raiding? Rolling a new alt? Considering taking the leap into roleplaying? Whatever your favorite way to play World of Warcraft, let us know in the comments what you're playing this weekend!