This weekend, we're trying to log in to the Cataclysm beta. Trying. We're also doing some other stuff, mostly out of necessity, since we can't log in to the beta.
- Allison Robert (@AllisonRobert): As much beta-testing as my connection and the servers will allow; I'd like to get a decent sense of how the bear, cat, and resto druid specs are playing right now, even though all three are still in flux. Otherwise, going to play catch-up on correspondence and a few projects.
- Anne Stickney (@Shadesogrey): Guild's officially 11/12 HM ICC25 now! This weekend will be weird. I'm not sure what's going to be going on - but I will be writing as always for sure. Beta client ... first impression? Kind of annoying. It's still telling me there's 4GB of something to download but whatever it is, it isn't downloading it. However, I can still play -- but zone loading is taking forever.
- Christian Belt (@ihatewarlocks): I'll be finishing up DeathSpank, with my daughter playing the role of Sparkles the Wizard, my trusty spellcasting sidekick. Hmmm. Maybe I should switch with her, let her do the spanking of death while I assume the familiar mantle of back-row clothie. Oh, and the beta launcher is ok by me. I ran the thing, waited until it got into the green (only 6 hours left!) and then hopped in. Aside from a few minor glitches (missing sound effects, music starting then stopping suddenly, the occasional weird graphical pop-in) the game was completely playable. I approve, for now.
- Daniel Whitcomb (@danielwhitcomb): I'm going to be testing dual wield frost DPS on beta, mostly, in addition to trying to finally finally finish the SC2 single player campaign. The client seems pretty cool, I guess. I mean, I suppose if you're really, really impatient to play it'll be nice, but I've always just let patches download while I go off and run errands, so I don't know that it'll change my style or frequency of play that much.
- Elizabeth Harper (@faience): If I get this beta client installed (only 8 hours of downloading to go!) maybe I'll actually finish my writeups on beta Stratholme and Scholomance for your reading pleasure. Of course I've got a friend over this weekend so this falls into the "definitely maybe" category of possibility.
- Elizabeth Wachowski (@leeatwaterlives): Hmmm ... probably more Dragon Quest IX. I haven't bought a game that was this much value for the money in a long while.
- Gregg Reece: Well, the new beta client didn't fare too well when I tried playing it in the yellow download stage, so I hopped out and played SC2 while it finished downloading in the background. I'll be at a wedding for most of Saturday and my Sunday is looking pretty full already. I'm not sure I'll have any time to do anything other than my weekly raid Sunday night this week.
- Joe Perez (@Lodurzj): More writing, more beta testing and more SC2 multiplayer. I one day hope to be as good as Matt! Maybe he will teach me his ways! I will also likely start to go back through the single player campaign on hard and try to earn some more achievements. I'm really hoping they hot fix the beta quest Still Valuable in Vashj'ir so I can complete that quest chain. It is so good and I'm hooked but I can't progress any further in the zone until they fix the quest. *sadpanda*
- Kelly Aarons (@Cadistra): What is this "weekend" you speak of? :x Working like mad to get stuff done for the upcoming con I'm going to, and installing the new Cata beta client because I was far too lazy to do so earlier. When inside, I'll get Cadi over to Vashji'r for some good times and noodle salad. Did I mention I'm lacking sleep?
- Matt Low (@matticus): Beat Starcraft 2 on hard. Replaying it through for single player achievements. Seriously, the replay value on this game is nuts. And the custom campaigns and mods for it aren't in full swing yet. Working hard on my Terran build orders and fine tuning.
- Mathew McCurley (@gomatgo): We got a new kitten in the house who has been giving us a little grief with a cold he picked up while at the shelter, so it's all cleaning up cat snot and poop. Also the other cat is not too happy about a new buddy in the house. Slowly but surely. On the WoW front, AltCC, our attempt to do ICC on woefully undergeared alts, actually went super well, clearing up to Lich King. Hopefully finishing that off on Saturday. As for the patcher, I hope it friggin' finishes soon....
- Matthew Rossi (@matthewwrossi): I'm hoping to get a BWL run going. Nostalgia!
- Matt Sampson (@binkenstein): Working hard, writing lots, playing lots. Finished heroic Storming the Citadel in 10mans yesterday (yes, way behind on heroics & stuff, I know). Was bad and bought myself a new laptop. Currently writing next weeks Totem Talk post, already turning into a big mathy article, which is what I'm good at. Oh, and I appear to have run out of chocolate. Nooooo!
- Michael Gray (@writegray): I'll be playing beta, one hopes, and swiping at the Lich King in my 10 man. The beta client? I'm on my third download, so I'm eager to see if I can get it to work this time.
- Michael Sacco (@mikesacco): Taking a second crack at writing my book. Not downloading the beta launcher because of my horrendous bandwidth cap.
- Rich Maloy (@stoneybaby): Holy crap do I have a ton to do this weekend. Friday is all GM administration type things. Saturday is qt w gf, then Big Crits is recording a very special "old world raid drinking games" episode. Sunday I'm taking my newly purchased used bike out for a spin around Manhattan, then working on RL work all day. New downloader? /shrug I'll be working on other stuff while the downloader downloads the download.
- Robin Torres (@cosmiclaurel): We are still getting settled in to the new place and we have to go a-visiting, but otherwise it will be beta, beta, beta.
The weekend is the perfect time to kick back, relax and enjoy some game time. Are you an achievement junkie? Can't get enough raiding? Rolling a new alt? Considering taking the leap into roleplaying? Whatever your favorite way to play World of Warcraft, let us know in the comments what you're playing this weekend!