TUAW recently received two samples of AGF Vandelay cases for the iPhone 4, both of which not only looked great, but also had the additional functionality of a belt holster. The Vandelay cases are also unique in that they were picked to be featured in AT&T Stores nationwide, and the iPhone 4 can be docked without removing it from the protective shell of the case.
AT&T will be offering these fine cases in two models. The first (at right) is a soft touch plastic with a micro-patterned red leather back. This model was my personal favorite of the two -- it's classy and eye-catching. The second model (see next page) uses black polished plastic with a carbon fiber-patterned leather back. Both of the cases come with a belt clip / holster, and the clip can be rotated to meet your personal whims.
The cases are extremely easy to put on and take off, and the bottom of the case can be removed in seconds for immediate docking. There's a small lock on the belt clip that works as a "kickstand" for the phone when it's in the case, propping it up for easy viewing of movies or FaceTime chats. The Vandelay cases don't have a preferred orientation for the iPhone 4, so you can carry the phone in the case with the face protected (towards your body) or facing out.
In our continuing quest to make sure that no iPhone 4 goes unprotected from the Grip 'O Death, we're giving away two of the Vandelay cases to two lucky TUAW readers. Just leave us a comment to enter; we'll want to know which of the two cases you'd prefer the most. Here are the details:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment with the model you'd prefer: micro-patterned red leather or carbon fiber-patterned leather.
- The comment must be left before midnight on Tuesday, August 10th, 2010, 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Two winners will be selected. One will receive an AGF Vandelay case with a micro-patterned red leather back, and the other will get a Vandelay case with a carbon fiber-patterned leather back. The value of each case is US$34.99
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 45
- Type Smartphone
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 4.7 inches
- Internal memory 16 GB
- Camera 8 megapixels
- Dimensions 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.27 in
- Weight 4.55 oz
- Released 2014-09-19
Apple iPhone 4