Originally, the trailer was to offer a full glimpse of the Handyman, though that idea was later scrapped for the more "noir-ish" take used in the trailer. Apparently, the character design featured a "big goofy mustache" and a bowler hat, but Ken Levine dismissed the design as "something out of the Italian kids' menu."
The Handyman also had crab-like claws initially. These were later replaced by the fingered hands seen in the trailer, not only because they were better for grabbing and punching, but because they added a degree of humanity to the Handyman. Finally -- get this -- the Handyman was originally supposed to cry as he assaulted the protagonist Booker Dewitt, but the sound of a man sobbing didn't mesh well with the feeling of the trailer. Yeah, we can see how that might be jarring.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One