XtremeMac has come to the rescue with the new InCharge Duo for iPad (US$59.99), a dual dock that not only provides the necessary 2.1 amps to charge the iPad, but can charge an iPhone or iPod with Dock Connector at the same time. Since your iPad has such good battery life, you can also use the InCharge Duo to charge up any combination of other iDevices while you're using the iPad.
The InCharge Duo looks much nicer than some dual chargers I've seen and used. It's a sleek dark grey unit with a tiny logo on the front and two small LEDs that provide charge status. It would be perfect for use in a bedroom, as the LEDs are dim enough that they won't keep anyone but the most severe insomniac awake. Read on for details on how you can win one from TUAW.
Depending on the model of iPhone or iPod you're charging on the InCharge Duo, you have a choice of five different inserts that can be put into an iPhone / iPod "slot" to grip it properly. Each of the inserts is marked, and there are inserts for iPhone 4, 2nd-generation iPod touch, iPod Classic, iPhone 3G / 3GS, and the 5th-generation iPod nano. Unfortunately, the InCharge Duo was announced just prior to Apple's iPod event, so there aren't currently inserts for the new iPod touch, nano, or shuffle.
If you decide to use the InCharge Duo to charge two iPods or an iPod and an iPhone, you simply pull off the iPad stand and pop in the appropriate insert. What's cool is that you can still use the iPad part to support your iPad in either landscape or portrait orientation -- you just can't charge it on the Duo at the same time as the other two devices.
There's not a lot more to be said about the InCharge Duo for iPad other than it works as advertised, provides incredible flexibility in charging multiple devices, and looks great. And now, we're going to give you a chance to win one. To enter, leave a comment stating your combination of two devices (iPad, iPhone(s), iPod(s)) that you'd like to charge in the InCharge Duo. Here are the details:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment stating your combination of two devices (iPad, iPhone(s), or iPod(s)) that you'd like to keep powered up in the XtremeMac InCharge Duo for iPad.
- The comment must be left before midnight on Tuesday, September 14th, 2010, 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected and will receive one XtremeMac InCharge Duo for iPad (Value: US$59.99)
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.