The process of cooking remains staunchly repulsive to those of us who don't relish time spent in the kitchen: phlegmy, runny eggs staring up unblinkingly from the bowl ... raw meat flopping about on the counter looking altogether too much like, well, raw meat ... goopy, greasy, baked-on messes piling higher and higher and higher in the sink ...
Fortunately, there are Carrot Cupcakes. They're fresh. They're innocent. They're even, dare we say, cute. Who can argue with fresh, grated carrots, healthful whole wheat flour and the comforting, warm fragrance of cinnamon? If whipping up a batch of homemade Carrot Cupcakes doesn't get your nose going up and down and your tail going back and forth, then we don't know what will. We'll see you in kitchen, after the break.
Requires Level 70
Item Level 75
Use: Restores 18480 health over 30 sec. Must remain seated while eating.
If you somehow can't bring yourself to make these in your own kitchen, you can purchase them from Aimee in Dalaran in stacks of 5 for 85 silver.
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup natural (unsweetened) applesauce
- 10 medium carrots, finely grated
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- Select heroic oven instance, difficulty level 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The main encounter will take place in the muffin tins. Have your shaman drop a cooking spray totem, or get the hunters to drop paper liner traps.
- Add the healers into the mixing bowl for buffing. The first two classes in should be the eggs and the sugar; have a rogue with a beater chase them around the instance until they are light and fluffy. Next, bring in the canola oil, beating a little longer; finally, give the rogues a break and stir in the applesauce to the rest of the healers.
- Now it's time to fold in the tanks: first the carrots, then the flour. After that, it's time to sprinkle in the DPS: cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the raid into muffin-tin-sized groups and zone into the preheated raid instance. DPS for about 20 minutes, or until a rogue's dagger inserted in the center of any group member comes out clean.
Old-school raiders will gird up with a simple dollop of cream cheese on top. Wrath-era groups, especially PUGs, will expect white frosting with a decorative candy or frosting carrot on top. Racial exception: Trolls consistently prefer coconut shavings on top.
World of WarCrafts spotlights art and creativity by WoW players, including arts and crafts, fan art, WoW-themed recipes, comics, cosplay, music and fan fiction. Show us how you express yourself by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your not-for-profit, WoW-inspired creations.