The updates keep coming today, and now iOS
4.2.1 4.1 for Apple TV is available. This update supports the much-anticipated AirPlay feature in iOS 4.2, which allows compatible iOS devices running 4.2 stream content to the Apple TV. This is build 8C150 and can be found via your Apple TV's update feature or directly here.*
We've been waiting to test AirPlay ourselves and will have a review of the feature up soon. For now, grab the update, start playing around and plan how you'll be showing off your new toys this holiday season.
Update: Corrected the version number. The latest iOS for Apple TV lists itself as "Software Version 4.1."
*Note: If you grab the manual download, you'll need to use iTunes and option-click the update to push it to your Apple TV.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 112
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services iTunes
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, Quicktime
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2012-03-16
Apple iOS 4