"With this new series of video games, I want to take players to a place they have never seen before, where every single action makes them question their own senses of morality and reality," said a confident del Toro as if narrating atop the mysterious and positively creepy teaser (embedded after the break). "THQ and Volition, Inc. are equally excited to make this vision of a completely new game universe into a reality."
Not only excited, THQ is heavily invested in what it's dubbed "an original trilogy of triple-A games." The publisher will retain the intellectual property rights to the inSane games, while del Toro holds the rights to any associated "filmed entertainment" projects. It sounds like our sanity could be tested. A lot.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One