Of course, the math gets a little tricky from there: Harmonix's buyers assumed responsibility over liabilities, including "music rights fees ... responsibility for lots of unsold games and equipment sitting on warehouse shelves." The sale will reportedly net Viacom $150 million in tax benefits -- it spent $175 million to buy the music company in the first place.
Kafka also notes the "fire sale price" can't be comforting to Harmonix employees, as he believes the studio is "likely going to be facing a very serious restructuring."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii console
Microsoft Xbox One