Philips has just let loose a veritable smorgasbord of new HD kit at CES this morning, from LCD HDTVs to Blu-ray decks to complete home theater systems. Here's what you need to know:
- The 4000 LED series of HDTVs are available in 40 (40PFL4706), 46 (46PFL4706) and 55 (55PFL4706) inch sizes, these mid-range sets include MediaConnect and NetTV for getting your PC to play nice on your TV (sans wires, at that), with the latter also providing easy access to Vudu, Netflix, Blockbuster and FilmFresh. These will ship by May for prices of $749, $999 and $1499 in order of mention. For those who couldn't care less about MediaConnect of NetTV, a 19-inch, 22-inch and 32-inch version will be available this month for $199.99, $249.99 and $449.99, respectively.
- Moving up a bit, the 5000 LCD series will ship in 40 (40PFL5706), 46 (46PFL5706) and 55 (55PFL5706) inch sizes, with these boasting the same basic functionality as the 4000 series but gaining a Pixel Precise HD engine and 120Hz de-jitter support. Look for these in the April / May time frame for $679, $899 and $1099.
- Looking to take one more step towards high-end? The LED 6000 series is where's it at, improving upon the other two lines by adding... 3D. Naturally. Check the 40PFL6706 (40-inch), 46PFL6706 (46-inch) and 55PFL6706 (55-inch) models this September for $999, $1299 and $1699 in order of mention.
- If you're looking to outfit your room with a full-on home theater system, Philips is revealing five new setups today, three of which have 3D support baked right in. The whole lot includes a Blu-ray deck and support for MediaConnect / NetTV, with the more expensive sets boasting wireless rear speakers and DLNA streaming. They'll be shipping from February to May for $269.99 to $449.99.
- Closing things out are the company's five new Blu-ray decks, with the $169.99 (BDP3506), $199.99 (BDP5506) and $219.99 (BDP7506) models supporting 3D Blu-ray. The 7506 also gets MediaConnect and NetTV, with the whole range shipping between next month and April.