Supposed images of a "PSP2" prototype (pictured) were leaked in November, followed in December by the detailing of alleged hardware specs. The PSP successor is assumed to be in development alongside the PlayStation Phone, and Sony has already acknowledged the challenge of differentiating two such devices in the consumer market. Coming out and announcing them already would probably be a good start.
Update: Sony has confirmed to Joystiq that the company will hold an event in Tokyo on Jan. 27. "We will be sharing business [overview] and strategy," said a representative, "but there is nothing we can comment on further at this time."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 108
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Screen size 4.3 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Camera External (1.3 megapixels)
- Dimensions 71.4 x 169.4 x 18.6 in
- Weight 6.67 oz
- Discontinued 2008-10-15
Sony PlayStation Vita