Microsoft understands this and has accordingly launched a "Refer-a-Friend" program of its own for Xbox Live, sans elaborate turkey dinner banquets. Referring friends (by Gamertag), can net existing Gold members tokens, which can be used to redeem one of four rewards, according to the promotion's "Official Rules":
- Get your free member friend to go Gold and (1) you and your friend will each get 400 Microsoft Points* or (2) 600 Microsoft Points*, depending on the active offer.
- Get your free member friend to go Gold and (3) you and your friend will get a multiplayer Xbox Live Arcade game of Microsoft's choosing.
- Get your free member friend to try Gold with a promotional token good for 1 month of Gold, and (4) if your friend redeems the token within 30 days, you'll get 200 Microsoft Points*.
*Fine print: "Tokens to download points will expire on December 31, 2011. Once downloaded, promotional points will expire on June 30, 2012."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 91
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 500 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs HDMI
- Released 2013-11-22