During an interview at DICE, BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka -- who hadn't heard about the demo's removal yet -- told Joystiq that in addition to the security concerns (which weren't explained, but likely involve people disseminating the PC demo before its official release), "Maybe the goal is to release them all simultaneously, because all three platforms are important to us." EA said it will issue an official statement soon; we'll update when we hear it.
Update: EA tells Joystiq: "We originally wanted to release a version of the Dragon Age 2 demo to some of our partners early, but could not find a way to keep it exclusive. After further consideration we decided to wait to release the demo all at once on February 22nd."
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One