The "Balls of Steel" Edition (yep), revealed to DNF "First Access Club" members, is overloaded with stuff, including a hardcover artbook, postcards, a logo sticker, a comic book, poker chips, dice, playing cards, a foldable papercraft, and -- oh yeah -- a bust of Duke Nukem. There's even a numbered certificate of authenticity, to prove to others that it's the genuine article. Notable omissions include steel stress balls and, in fact, anything spherical or metal.
The Balls of Steel Edition will be available in limited quantities for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC at launch (the week of May 3).
Update: 2K has provided additional details in its press release (in full after the break), revealing that the Balls of Steel Edition will be exclusive to Amazon and GameStop in North America -- for $100.
[Thanks to everyone who sent this in!]
Balls of Steel Edition!
New York, NY February 11, 2011 – Duke's got them - and now you can too. 2K Games and Gearbox Software are proud to announce the Duke Nukem Forever® Balls of Steel edition! Arriving alongside the standard editions on May 3, 2011, the Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel edition for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC is a must-have for those who have been awaiting the return of the King.
Priced at $99.99, this edition, available exclusively at GameStop* and Amazon*, contains a copy of the game with exclusive Balls of Steel cover art and the following cool items:
* Collectible bust of the greatest alien ass-kicker of all-time
* Numbered, limited-edition certificate of authenticity
* 100-page hardcover book: The History, Legacy & Legend: Duke Nukem Forever Art from the Vault
* Duke Nukem Forever postcard series
* Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem sticker
* Duke Nukem Forever collectable comic book
* Duke Nukem Forever foldable paper craft
* Duke Nukem Forever poker chips
* Duke Nukem Forever mini-card deck
* Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem dice
Duke Nukem is one of the biggest and most recognizable brands in the interactive entertainment industry. Irreverent, politically incorrect, and uber macho, Duke Nukem is the perfect, uncompromising ass-kicking hero to remedy the overdose of today's gaming archetypes. Duke brings his signature brand of babe-lovin', cigar-smoking, beer-chugging and ass-kicking action as he saves the Earth and its babes from hordes of invading aliens. Where will you be when Duke Nukem Forever launches? Better mark your calendars, Duke's legend is being told this May.
For more information on Duke Nukem Forever, including where to pre-order a copy, please visit www.dukenukemforever.com. Duke Nukem Forever is rated M for Mature by the ESRB.
2K Games is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
* Supplies limited. Check with retailers for availability.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One