Update: Okay, we've had a chance to play around the with iPad 2 some more, and here are our big takeaways from the experience.
- This thing is insanely fast. We're not joking -- it's blazingly fast. Everything the iPad 2 does feels like it's on turbo. We're uploading a video of the some evidence of this, you'll be appropriately stunned.
- The design feels great in your hands. Sleek, super thin -- much nicer to hold than the previous version. Definitely has more of a magazine than book feel. Everything is tight and solid. It is pretty amazing how thin they've gotten the device.
- Even software made for the first generation device feels better here. Safari is definitely sped up. Games looked great on-screen, though obviously there are no updates to the resolution of screen technology here.
- This is an evolutionary step, but we definitely don't feel like it's lacking for features. People are going to gobble these up when they see the new apps.
Update 3: More videos!
Follow the Saga
Sep 8th 2011 3:06PM
Jul 6th 2011 3:38AM
Mar 25th 2011 6:03PM
- Key specs
- Reviews • 561
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (6)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.5 x 7.31 x 0.34 in
- Weight 1.3 lb
- Discontinued 2014-03-18