The Hans has contributed "part of the dramatic score" for Crytek's sequel, the publisher announced today, squeezing in one last plug before the game and soundtrack are released next week. You can sample the introductory track in the audio clip below -- or do it the right way: Wait until next week when you can get the full soundtrack on your iPod, squeeze into a body suit and go bounding up 5th Avenue.
EA and Crytek have teamed up with legendary composer Hans Zimmer, who created part of the dramatic score for the critically acclaimed first-person shooter Crysis 2, which has already earned Editor's Choice awards and a 9/10 from both Official Xbox Magazine (UK) and PC Action (Germany). Recognized worldwide for his work on blockbuster films like "Inception" and "The Dark Knight," Zimmer and his team featuring Lorne Balfe worked with the existing composers Borislav Slavov and Tilman Sillescu to create the intense and dramatic score for Crysis 2 which sets the tone for the game's backdrop of a devastated New York City in 2023.
Gamers can hear the soundtrack when Crysis 2 hits stores on March 22 in North America or by downloading the Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo, which debuts today on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system in North America and tomorrow in Europe. The soundtrack will also be available for download on iTunes, Amazon and other music retailers on March 22nd. Fans can preview the intro of the soundtrack at http://soundcloud.com/nettwerkmusicgroup/hans-zimmer-crysis-2-intro.
"I was drawn to Crysis 2 because of Crytek's passion for the project and the world they created," said Hans Zimmer. "And I am very happy with the outcome of our collaboration."
Gamers who pre-order Crysis 2 today will receive an automatic upgrade at no additional cost to the Crysis 2 Limited Edition*, available while supplies last. The Limited Edition gives gamers a leg up on day one -- all classes are immediately unlocked as well as three additional in-game multiplayer unlocks are available from the get-go, including:
* SCAR Hologram Decoy - This special attachment to the SCAR will project a hologram image of the player, allowing them to confuse their opponents with the decoy.
* SCAR Weapon Skin - This digital camouflage skin will allow players to add a personalized touch to one of the more popular assault rifles in the game.
* Platinum Dog Tag - This special one-of-a-kind dog tag is one of over 250 that will be collectible in Crysis 2 multiplayer, helping to separate you from the rest of the field.
Crysis 2 arrives on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation 3 and PC on March 22 in North America and March 25 in Europe. For more information, visit the official game website at http://crysis.ea.com, the official Crysis community web site at http://mycrysis.com, follow the development team on Twitter at http://twitter.com/crysis or on Facebook at http://facebook.com/crysis.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One