During the GameStop investors call, executives stated they would use information on customer purchases extracted from from the PowerUp Rewards program to help determine the 200 locations that will be shut down over the next year due to overlap. It's not all bad news: that same information will be used to open 200 stores "focusing on underserviced markets." GameStop also plans to "pursue opportunistic growth internationally."
The biggest sign that GameStop is doing its best to prepare for the inevitable was the 61 percent increase in "console and PC digital offerings," which brought in $290 million during the year.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii console
Microsoft Xbox One