EA obtained the IP rights to Syndicate from Molyneux's old studio, Bullfrog Productions, when it purchased the company in 1995. Molyneux left two years later to found Lionhead Studios. In 2004, Bullfrog was merged into EA UK (now defunct).
Molyneux is confident that any team EA would select for such a project would "work it out," but notes that the situation would be like watching your kid grow up and become independent -- "you still want to be a little bit involved." He points to the DS version of Populous (a remake of his career breakout title) as being something he wished he could have had just "ten minutes" to discuss with the development team before they got started on the project.
Would Molyneux be up for a visit to EA's development offices to offer advice on a Syndicate remake? "Yeah, sure."
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One