The first tablet running Android™ 3.0 Honeycomb and the world's most powerful smartphone give consumers new ways to stay connected
April 12, 2011
SÃO PAULO – April 12, 2011 - Motorola Mobility, Inc. today announced the Latin American availability of two highly anticipated products: Motorola XOOM™, the first device to run on the Google Android™ 3.0 (Honeycomb) operating system, and Motorola ATRIX™, the world's most powerful smartphone.
The devices incorporate unprecedented computing power and performance with innovative designs and software, to provide today's highly-mobile consumers with an unmatched level of connectivity to the information and contacts they need on-the-go and at home. Both products will be available from leading carriers in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico and Peru starting in the middle of April.
"Latin America continues to be important to our company's global strategy, which is why we're bringing the region our most ground-breaking products," said Maurizio Angelone, vice president and general manager Mobile Devices Latin America, Motorola Mobility. "We've received an exceptional response for Motorola XOOM and Motorola ATRIX from consumers and carriers in our U.S. and European markets, and we want to build the same excitement in Latin America."
Motorola Mobility's new device lineup builds on the company's established Android leadership, having introduced an industry-best 23 Android smartphones in 2010. The strong 2011 product portfolio delivers even more flexible mobile experiences for work, home and play.
Motorola XOOM: Motorola's First Tablet and the First Tablet Featuring Android 3.0 Honeycomb
Motorola XOOM redefines the tablet device category by providing more ways to have fun, connect with friends and stay productive on-the-go. The first device to run on Google's Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) operating system, Motorola XOOM features a 1GHz dual-core processor and 1GB of RAM, front-facing and rear-facing cameras, true multitasking functionality and the latest Google services on a 10.1-inch (25.65cm) widescreen display.
The latest Google Mobile™ services include Google Maps 5.0™ with 3D interaction and access to 150,000 apps from Android Market™. Motorola XOOM also supports a beta version of Adobe® Flash® Player 10.2 downloadable from Android Market, enabling the delivery of rich Flash-based Web content including videos, casual games and Internet applications.
• Boasting a dual-core processor with each core running at 1GHz, delivering up to 2GHz of processing power
• High-definition (1280x800), 10.1-inch widescreen (16:10) display, perfect for watching HD video in landscape mode and narrow enough for convenient two-handed, on-screen typing in portrait mode
• Front-facing 2-megapixel camera for video chats over Wi-Fi or 3G, as well as a rear-facing 5-megapixel camera that captures video in HDHDMI out and unique dock options allow HD content streaming to TV
Motorola Mobility is also working to jump start the ecosystem expansion that will result from the launch of Motorola XOOM with a new version of the Android OS. Motorola has been collaborating closely with innovative application partners across a variety of categories, including gaming, entertainment and business productivity, to optimize their applications for this new category of mobile computing devices.
Motorola ATRIX: The World's Most Powerful Smartphone
Motorola ATRIX is the world's most powerful smartphone with a dual-core processor that is the fastest yet offered in a mobile phone. Motorola ATRIX is designed to essentially become a user's primary digital hub to create, edit and interact with documents, media and content. This is facilitated by Motorola's webtop application and incredible new accessories.
• A 1GHz dual-core processor capable of opening Web pages twice as fast as most other smartphones, rendering games faster and displaying HD video on big-screen TVs
• A full 1GB of RAM for twice the RAM of most smartphones to deliver effortless multitasking, such as watching a movie while receiving and responding to email
• The world's first qHD display for a smartphone, offering high resolution and 24-bit color, making it easier to read indoors and outdoors
• Front-facing camera for video calls, as well as a rear-facing 5-megapixel camera that captures video in HD
• Convenient biometric fingerprint reader for easily unlocking your phone while providing extra security
• Up to 48GB of storage (16GB internal and optional 32GB microSD card) – enough to store thousands of songs, photos and movies
Motorola XOOM and Motorola ATRIX will be available in Latin America starting mid-April.
Google Android 3.0
Motorola DROID Xyboard 10.1