Yeah, we know, 3G data is so last year. If you've already made the jump to LTE and are totally bummed about today's outage
, know that there's a fix coming. We have an official statement from Jeffrey Nelson from VZW Corporate Communications, who indicates that the company has "determined the cause of our issue" and is "working with our major vendors to restore connections." We're guessing that doesn't actually mean plugging something back in, but maybe it does. The full statement is after the break, but what you won't find is an ETA on when things will be live again.
We are aware of an issue with 4G LTE data connections and our network engineers are working to resolve this quickly. We have determined the cause of our issue and are working with our major vendors to restore connections.
* 4G LTE Smartphones will still be able to make calls.
* Customers are temporarily unable to activate any 4G LTE devices.
* Please note: Customers may experience a 1XRTT data connection during this time.
* After determining the cause of our 4G LTE network connection issue, we are continuing to work to restore connections.
* We expect to see the network restore on a market-by-market basis. Timing and additional details will be provided as they become available.
*Verizon has acquired AOL, Engadget's parent company. However, Engadget maintains full editorial control, and Verizon will have to pry it from our cold, dead hands.