Additionally, a Brink configuration update has gone live on Xbox 360 (no download required). It will cap the number of human players when matchmaking in "Campaign" and "Freeplay" modes, allowing for a maximum of eight online players. Splash Damage believes this will lead to better connections between players and reduce instances of lag. By default, this will eliminate 8v8 matches, but "for players who haven't been [experiencing] lag, we'll still support 8v8 on all maps via a new 'Big Teams' configuration in Freeplay, and through custom settings in Private matches."
Meanwhile, the PC version of Brink has gotten a full patch containing several fixes, many of which were already included on the day-one patch sent out to consoles. The matchmaking update will be available on PS3 as soon as Sony's online network is restored.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One