Nintendo's almost getting in the habit of announcing Pikmin games at its E3 developer roundtable events. Speaking to attendees this evening, Shigeru Miyamoto explained that while development of a new Pikmin began on Wii, it has since been moved to the company's new console, the Wii U.
Miyamoto described it as "the perfect system for Pikmin," though tried to distance himself from turning this into a corporate announcement. His non-corporate side, Miyamoto said, "really just wants to tell you we're working on Pikmin."
Since the game has been in the works for some time, Captain Olimar and his plant-like companions won't dally "too long" before they touch down in your perilous garden.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18