The publisher reiterated the system's new, streamlined online network during a Nintendo developer roundtable, explaining that the studio is aiming for the Wii U to be Ghost Recon Online's backbone. The title will apparently play host to leaderboards, parties and a live activity feed of your Wii U friends which appears on the WiiPad. We'll press Nintendo for more info!
Update: From what we're hearing from Nintendo's developer roundtable, Ubisoft isn't absolutely certain if the Ghost Recon Online features they mentioned will actually make it into the game -- they're just features they'd like to see implemented. As far as the Wii U's unified online functionality, they wouldn't give any details at the developer roundtable.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19
Nintendo Wii U