Slightly less than half of iOS developers surveyed at WWDC also write applications for Android, a little over a third also code for BlackBerry devices and 36% focus only on iOS. These figures and more come from a Piper Jaffray survey of 45 iOS developers at WWDC.
Besides platform preferences, the survey also reveals the following:
- 100% of developers write apps for the iPhone and 93% write for the iPad
- only 7% of developers code for the Mac
- 100% believe that iOS is the best platform for monetization
- 100% believe iOS is the easiest platform for development
- 51% of developers think iOS has the highest potential for growth, 41% believe in Android
- 38% of iOS developers dislike Apple's strict limitations
Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster points to the results of this survey as evidence that Apple's dedicated and talented developers are one of its most valuable assets.