Red Dead Redemption 1.5 million units during the month of May 2010, going on to become a blockbuster for Take-Two and unintentionally killing game sales of any premiere for months after. There is speculation that the Call of Duty: Black Ops "Escalation" DLC, which premiered in early May, could have chiseled into Noire's numbers.
Despite L.A. Noire not reaching RDR sales in its first month, it did have a solid debut in the States and abroad, so Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick isn't wrong when he says the game is a "powerful new franchise" for the company.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One