"This might be the second time around we have been waiting for," Patti said, referencing his quote from last May in which he said, "You won't see a PS3 or PC version this time around." Patti said that "Limbo is in production for Steam and PSN, and is coming very soon." With a release date of "very soon" he predictably said more details would be coming shortly.
The small Playdead team is handling both ports itself, while also working on a new IP. "To be honest, we want as many people to play our games as possible," Patti told us last year at the Indiecade festival. "If we end up going exclusive, we may do it for various reasons, but we just want as many people to play the game as possible." Even after a period of exclusivity, there are a lot more gamers who are going to be able to play Limbo "very soon."
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One