Like Thief and Deus Ex, also games made by Dishonored co-creative director Harvey Smith, the title will be built around a series of open-ended tasks involving stealth and combat. Game Informer mentions using "mobility, powers and gadgets, environment, and AI" to affect the gameplay, and letting the player do things like stop time to distract guards, or summon a rat swarm, and then "possessing" one of the rats to sneak away.
Our interest is piqued, but don't let the excitement get the best of you, just yet -- the game isn't due out until sometime next year.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One