Iwata said that the use of paid DLC would increase Nintendo's own short-term profits, it wouldn't have a positive affect on the company's "relationship with customers," suggesting that this option will be used by third parties only. He also mentioned that Nintendo had no interest in free-to-play games.
Apparently, the 3DS internet connection is much more widely used than that of the DS. Iwata expressed an interest in promoting the purchase of downloadable software, an initiative that, according to Andriasang's translation, will be "a major point" for Nintendo in the next three years. Step one: actually offer a selection of downloads.
- Key specs
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27
Nintendo Wii U