Speaking with Street Fighter head honcho Yoshinori Ono, PlayStation Blog inquired about the highly sought after, and totally theoretical, fighting game crossover between Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. As hopeful as fans may be, it's not likely to happen until some significant issues are solved (and until Street Fighter x Tekken is complete).
"I understand why people want it, but it's easier said than done," Ono said. "Having Chun Li getting her spine ripped out, or Ryu's head bouncing off the floor ... it doesn't necessarily match."
We'd like to say there's a happy middle ground that can be attained to make this crossover possible, but we've seen what compromise has done in the past. The world can ill afford another Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, after all.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One