Joystiq Indie Pitch game and current Steam/XBLA release Beat Hazard will appear in an upgraded form on PSN this September, as Beat Hazard Ultra. Cold Beam Games' Steve Hunt wrote the PSN release of the music-based shooter himself, which is crazy.
The twin-stick shooter generates levels from either the included music or any music on your hard drive. The PSN update adds online play, in either competitive or cooperative modes, so you can subject a friend to a seventeen-minute "In-a-Gadda-da-Vida" gauntlet. You can even turn the music-responsive visual effects up to 200% of normal, to really traumatize your co-op partner.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25