Apple has released an update to Xsan, its storage area network (SAN) file system for OS X. Xsan 2.2.2 FileSystem Update is recommended for all Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard-based Xsan 2.2 systems, according to the release notes. The update improves general file system reliability and offers:
- improved file system reliability when the filesystem is highly fragmented
- improved file system reliability when unmounting a volume
- improved file system reliability when running snfsdefrag
- improved file system reliability when native extended attributes are enabled
- improved Finder reliability when browsing a volume that is highly fragmented
- allows Xsan Admin to create new volumes when more than 100 fsm processes are running
Xsan 2.2.2 FileSystem Update is a 39 MB download and requires Mac OS X 10.6 client or server. The direct download link tot he software is here.