That makes the whole venture a little more interesting. Today, console MMOs and persistent Internet connections are fairly prevalent, but six years ago, that obviously wasn't the case. And this also means that DQ10 ran alongside development of Dragon Quest 9, with Level 5 and Square Enix presumably working on the portable title and the online game at the same time.
We'll have to see how the final game turns out -- fans are skeptical, to say the least, of turning the series into an MMO. But at least we know the game wasn't thrown together overnight.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 328
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19